28 Nov Cacio e Pepe great pasta
Great pasta recipe! My love ignited when I was in Rome. I don’t want to say too much, but it is easy and super tasty dish – eventhough it doesn’t have meat in it.
Dish for 4 people
1 Pecorino Romano cheese
2 tsp grounded black pepper
2 tbs butter
salt to taste
1 cup of pasta cooking water
1. Put your spaghetti into boiling water. Add salt to boiling water, it should be as salty as sea water. When your spaghetti is cooking, grate pecorino.
2. When pasta is almost cooked, roast your black pepper on a hot frying pan for 1-2 minutes. Add butter.
3. Before draining your pasta take some cooking water in a cup. Drain the spaghetti.
4. Put pasta, grated pecorino and a half of your cooking water into the pan with black pepper and butter. Stir the mixture so the cheese melts into a sauce. Add the rest of the cooking water if needed.
5. Add salt and black pepper if needed. Serve your dish immediately.
If you like garlic, grate 2 cloves and roast them at the same time with black pepper. I love garlic too..