20 Nov Lemon Ricotta Ravioli with Butter Sauce
Ingredients you’ll need:
300g ricotta cheese
2 tbs freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 egg yolk
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
6 tbs butter
Make the pasta dough you like the most.
We can suggest:
250g all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
1 tsp salt
2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
Cooking lemon ravioli with butter sauce:
We like this recipe, cuz it’s super easy to make, and you can try a different shape of pasta. Filling the pasta with lemon ricotta stuffing feels just so right! Soft creamy ricotta mixed with lemon sour-bitter taste – makes the whole dish extremely DELICIOUS.
1. Prepare the dough. Using the electric pasta maker or just mix it in hand. After that, you should have thin sheets of pasta dough.
2. For the ravioli filling: put ricotta, egg yolk, parmesan, a pinch of salt in a bowl. Stir everything. Add the zest of 1 lemon. Stir everything one more time.
3. Prepare two same sized sheets of pasta dough. On one of them drop tsp of the filling, about 1.5-inches apart. Fold the other 1/2 over the filling like a blanket. Gently press out air pockets around each mound of filling. Use a sharp knife or small cookie cutter to cut each pillow into squares (or circles) and crimp the edges with a fork to make a tight seal.
4. Boil the water. Add some salt. Then, put ravioli. When they come up to the water surface – babies are ready.
5. Heat the pan. Put one tbs of butter on it until it melts and bubbles. Repeat it with each tbs of butter. Add some salt to taste.
6. When the butter gets caramel-brown color, put cooked ravioli on the pan and fry them for 2 min.
7. Serve the sweet baby ravioli on a plate and splash them with lemon juice.
Enjoy this incredible dish with your family, friends or just by yourself!
Don’t forget to like our Facebook page and leave the comments there!
Follow us on Instagram too!