09 Jan Casserole With Noodles – Chicken a la King
for 4 to 6 servings
Ingredients you’ll need:
200g uncooked noodles
2 large ribs celery (diced)
300ml can chicken broth
150ml light cream
100g red bell pepper or pimientos
400g chicken (cooked, diced)
250g cheddar cheese
200g soft fresh breadcrumbs
2 tbs melted butter
2 tsp salt (plus more, to taste)
Optional: 150g slivered almonds (toasted)
Don’t forget to like our Facebook page and leave the comments there!
Follow us on Instagram too!
This chicken noodle casserole has rich flavors of classic Chicken a la King with some veggies and perfect, easy creamy sauce.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, and butter the baking pot.
2. Boil the water, add salt, and put noodles until they cooked. Drain well, and set aside.
3. In the same saucepan, combine the celery with the chicken broth and light cream; simmer over low heat for about 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Add the peppers, diced cooked chicken, and cheese. Continue cooking, stirring, until the cheese has melted.
5. Pour the sauce over the noodles and stir until well combined.
6. Spoon the chicken and noodle mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the toasted almonds, if using.
7. Combine the fresh bread crumbs with the melted butter. Stir with a fork until the crumbs are well coated with butter. Sprinkle them evenly over the casserole.
8. Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes, or until the bread crumb topping is browned.